Job classifications with fair and equitable pay.
Clear and consistent compensation
From a seniority-based Step system to an industry-standard Open Range system.
Align with industry standards
Allows accurate comparison with other institutions of higher learning.
More recognition and awards
Allows managers to acknowledge employee contributions.
From 1,800+ job titles to 255 Job Classification Specifications
Simplified job classifications
You may be surprised to learn that Maricopa had over 1,800 job titles in its system, many of which were doing the same work under different titles and pay plans. Mpowered Recognition reduces this complexity so we can compensate employees fairly and equitably, while creating consistent performance expectations, so everyone knows where they stand.
- Reduces 1,800+ job titles to 255 Job Classification Specifications
- Condenses 9 separate salary schedules to just 2, for faculty and staff
- Allows “apples-to-apples” comparison among job markets
- Sets the table for fair and proper compensation according to accurate market analysis
Benefits of an Open Range Pay system
Our current Step pay system does not make room for recognizing individual achievement. Instead, it’s a seniority-based compensation model that fails to take all job factors into account. Open Range is a fair and equitable pay system, one that catches Maricopa Community Colleges up with the rest of the industry.
- Accurate goal assessment
- Creates transparency and consistency in our compensation plans
- Ensures equitable pay placement—starting salaries for new hires or internal movement
- Compensates a job well done instead of merely time on the job
- Recognizes individual contributions, responsibilities, experience and skill sets